Sunday, October 01, 2006

Extreme Heart Makeover

This weekend I had the privilege of attending the Women's Conference at my church. The theme was "On My Way" and was centered around Phillipians 3:12 - I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me.

The guest speaker for the event was Angela Thomas. If you have never had the opportunity to hear her speak, oh - my - gosh! The message that the Lord delivers through her is absolutely incredible. And what a delivery she has, so funny........yet so focused and powerful. Check out her website at www.angelathomas.com.

The Lord definitely set up shop in my heart this weekend. He knocked down some walls - walls of bitterness and insecurity. He took away some of the clutter that I had been hoarding. He replaced the drab and dark paint with fresh new colors of joy and hope. He wiped away the dust of the past - so I could breathe. And it was all free.........by His grace.

It was, by all accounts, an Extreme Heart Makeover.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Praise God for the work He is willing to perform in each of our lives! I'm so glad you had such a great weekend, in Him.

Thank you for the link to her website, I am looking forward to checking it out.

Heather's friend,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Missy,
I just happen to stumble upon an email I had saved of yours that had your blog site (I have now added it to my favorite sites). I have just read your entire blog, viewed your pictures of family, etc., and have enjoyed very much hearing your heart speak so sweetly and so tenderly. You have a special way with words as evidenced in your blogs and sounds like this is something you really enjoy doing as well. Keep it up - I feel I stay connected to you all in reading your data even tho we so seldom are in the same room/area together. The pictures are really neat and I will share them with my boys and their families. Who knows.... maybe I will get the fever and learn the 'how-to' from you. May God richly bless you and yours...
Jeanette (and David Roberts)