Friday, February 16, 2007

U-Haul

In all of my years, I have never heard the U-Haul ad that says, "U-Haul our favorite neighbors out of the 'hood and break the hearts of our children who will no longer be able to take a walk and see their best friends every night after dinner in the summertime". Maybe they never used that one because it's a tad wordy. Nevertheless, truer words have never been spoken in regards to U-Haul - at least in our book! I'm glad they are moving in the wintertime, so we don't immediately feel the effects of the after dinner walks without Ella. We have a couple of months before the whining begins. Richmond has already started planning the days that would be perfect to invite Ella over - like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. This morning, after seeing the "big moving truck" in Ella's driveway, he decided that the only possible solution is to marry her - then they would never have to be apart. Oh, he has talked marriage with Ella before, but never with such conviction as today. Bless his big, sweet, broken heart......good thing she's just moving across town!

1 comment:

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Missy-
Thanks for visiting my blog. And I love your "new U Haul ad"- so true!

I was born in Phoebe Putney, too! Your parents would be amazed at how big it is now. They own so much property all over Albany and even Sylvester!

My parents still live there, so I go back. But the town has changed a lot. Maybe not so much for the better. Still, as you said, will always have a soft spot for me too.

Enjoyed your blog!