Monday, August 11, 2008

Firsts

As I was downloading the pictures from my camera today, I noticed that there were several "firsts". Are there enough to blog about? Probably not. But then the most noteable first would be the fact that I am actually writing an entry on my blog. It's the first in a while (a while = 6 months). Of course, I have a lot of bloggers guilt, but it hasn't started keeping me awake at night. And if I'm sleeping peacefully, I don't feel the need to disrupt the harmony. However, I did receive an email from the "mother of all bloggers" inquiring about my lack of production. It felt a little like being called to the principal's office and being asked why I was no longer completing my homework assignments, and why was I occupying space at a desk if I wasn't going to use it. But if anyone could make me come out of the blogging black hole, it would be the "mother of all bloggers"....because I hold her and her Ocala blogging budddy high upon a pedestal in this world of web logging!

So....on with my firsts!




Knox's First Titans Game





Richmond's First Day of First Grade


And last, but not least.....



My first car with under 75,000 miles on it at point of purchase....and a sunroof, too! We're forming quite a bond - my little black beauty and me. And its a good thing, because we will no doubt be getting to know one another well. I suspect I'll be looking through her sunroof for the next 10 years. And today, I'm okay with that.

On that same note, anybody wanna buy a Tahoe.....190,000 miles, totally ragged out on the inside and out, no driver's side interior door handle (we use the "mechanism" to open it). Not one first remotely associated with this machine - except maybe the extensive carpet cleaning I gave her last weekend. That was a first! And a last. The good news is, you could probably pay cash for her. The bad news is, you'll have to take out a loan to quench her thirst. She sucks gas faster than my kids suck down a chocolate milk at the "Pancake House" on Sunday morning! Whoa Nelly!

Yessiree, she's a beauty.


As a side note....when one doesn't blog regularly, one forgets the ins and outs of blogging. Then one can spend countless hours trying to figure out how to fix the things one has screwed up. And then one says, WHATEVER! and moves on. Thus, my titles under my pictures don't line up. But as I mentioned in a previous post, I am not an attention to details person. So. WHATEVER!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I almost doubled over in shock when I saw you had posted - hahaha! LOVE the new ride!!! Glad to see you made it back to blogland, you know we always welcome you with bells & whistles ;)

Marcy said...

I've checked faithfully EVERYDAY since your last post! And although I probably talk to you everyday - there's just something about a new blog entry that I love! I might just be a tad bit sad that Julia isn't the first thing I see when I click on your blog.....BUT how cute are your boys from the Titans game??

mary caroline said...

Yay you're back! I love the pictures of the boys and your new car...so stylish. It was great seeing you all in July! I hope the school year has gotten off to a great start.