Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A December to Remember

Wow....what a December - crazy, just like when I was working, but much more enjoyable because I wasn't! December brings standard events no matter what season in life you find yourself. Christmas shopping is a given, but when you do it is the key. For the first time, I found myself in the malls and shops during the week in the middle of the day. Now that alone was worth giving up my career!! No more nighttime jaunts and weekend haunts....... My little day camper, Will Barrett, and I hit the stores on Tuesdays and Thursdays when Richmond and Knox were at school. The only problem shopping with Will Barrett - I found myself distracted by his "cuteness" sitting in his infant carrier smiling at me. The great thing about shopping with Will Barrett - all Christmas secrets were safe with him :)

Our Christmas tour around the state was fun. Lots of excitement with kids galore at every stop! Remember that lull when you hit the teenage/college years and there don't seem to be any young children in the picture at Christmas? What did we do? B-0-r-i-n-g. No boredom in our families - 7 kids under 12 in the Mitchell family and 7 kids under 16 (4 under 4) in the Roberts family - a nonstop party!

On a very sad note, we lost my Grandmother, Julia Mitchell, on December 16th. She was 89 years old. She had a long and beautiful life. She had been ill for several years, and in the last year had lost the ability of communicate. She is at home now with the Lord, a place for which she spent her life preparing. Every memory that I have of her is wrapped tightly in love - the unconditional type that only exists in the heart of a grandmother. I will miss her. I feel so blessed to have had her for 38 years. I wanted to do an entire entry about her, but I haven't had the strength or courage to do it justice. Perhaps another day......after all, she was an incredible woman.

Below is the "visual" of our wild and wooly December:

Our first attempt at the Christmas card picture

It got progressively worse!

Will Barrett......a Huggies model??

Richmond and the Roberts' Initial Tree at Grandmommy's house

Christmas morning cheer!

Where did Santa go??


Hardy and Richmond with Light Sabers.....the Force be with you!

Two of a kind!

The 3 oldest stinky boy cousins

The Barrett Boys

The Whole Roberts Gang

My Sweet Grandmother......can't wait to eat at your table in Heaven!

No comments: