Monday, April 30, 2007

Hitch A Ride With An Angel

We recently visited the doctor for Richmond's physical that is needed for his Kindergarten registration. (Yes, Kindergarten! This Mom does not have the energy to post about that topic - too much emotion to invest) Anyway, at each of the yearly visits, we receive a handout that explains typical behavior, development, etc for that particular age. As I was reading it, I noticed that it stated that 5 year olds often begin to show a keen interest in death. And one day after reading that tidbit, this is what Richmond says to me out of the clear blue as we are driving through the Mickey D's:

"Hey Mom, I'll bet when we die...the angels swoop down from the sky with their huge wings. We'll just hop on their backs, and they'll carry us up to Heaven to see Jesus. Won't that be fun?!!!"

Well, I don't know about you, but that is the way I will choose to view death from now on. Just. like. that.

Isn't it wonderful when we can view the world through the eyes of a child!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Just one more reason to love this kid! Richmond says the cutest things :)