Thursday, May 31, 2007

Slow Down Already

In the past several days, it has become shockingly apparent that my baby is not a baby anymore. Oh, I've had subtle hints - like his vocabulary which now consists of "dude", "awesome", and "for real?". But this week, I feel like I've been hit in the head with a two by four called reality. On Tuesday, Richmond turned 5. On Wednesday, he lost his first 2 baby teeth. What the heck? Can't a girl be eased into reality instead of being hit over the head with it? All of this, together with the whole Kindergarten thing....it's almost too much for this mom to grasp. It doesn't help that I was in my mid 30's when I had him. You know what they say......the older you get, the faster time goes. It's soooo true! In fact, I'm now old enough to realize the truth in all of those things people told you when you were younger. You know the "old people logic" that you totally blew off because old people don't know what they're talking about! Oh to be 20 and ignorant again.... (Not that all 20 year olds are ignorant, but I was. Maybe "unaware" is a better word).

Anyway, I now am the proud mom of a dynamic and toothless 5 year old. He has made my world a more interesting place. Quite frankly, he has rocked my world. He is the sunshine of my days, with a scattered thunderstorm always on the horizon ready to reap havoc at any minute. He is very bright, and he challenges me to look at things from a new perspective. He is lots of fun and loves life just about as much as anyone I know. More than anything, he has a precious and caring heart. He plays hard and loves hard. And if your sick or hurting, he is a wonderful prayer warrior. His teacher was bothered with a sore back for about a week at school in the winter. He is still praying for her back. I wish I was more like him in that respect....

I simply could not be more blessed than to be a part of this little man's life. I am so honored!


From this......



To this - in the blink of an eye




He's 5!



The Boyzzzz



Party!



We Lost the Tooth



We Found the Tooth!



It's Gone!



And a Few Hours Later....Tooth #2

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Okay, so I just left on Sunday..and my nephew was a 4 year old with all of his teeth!! That's too much progress for one week!

Wish we were going to be there this weekend! Happy Birthday Richmond & Knox! Love, Aunt Marce

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Richmond - your toothless grin is the cutest I have seen :)

Katie said...

I can't believe he's losing teeth!!! This can happen at five? I better go start wiggling my five year old's teeth to check!! Oh that makes me feel sad.

Fun to check in, Missy- you and yours look great!