Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Blogger Blues

OK.....nobody said it was going to be easy. I mean, I had my doubts going into this whole thing. But who knew there would be so much pressure to document all details of daily life, and if you get behind - the stress of it can send you into a tailspin. Not only is there the failure to document, but the fear of alienating family and friends. At the risk of sounding like I believe that more than 5 people actually read my blog, I do sometimes feel guilty if I don't blog about a special/fun time that I have spent with someone - like it wasn't worthy. I can assure you that it is not personal but merely a lack of organization and discipline on my part. (Unfortunately, this problem, lack of organization and discipline, was pre-existing and is unlikely to be cured by a personal blog site). At this point, I am so far behind that the thought of going back and trying to catch up makes my head hurt. So what's a blogger to do? Hang it up??

Well, I am not going to hang it up. I am going to press on with a renewed blogging spirit. In doing so, I am going to attempt to "bullet point" a few highlights from the last 4 or 5 weeks.......in hopes that I may salvage any harm done to the feelings of those 5 people that read my blog. After all, a fabulous time has been had in those weeks - so fabulous that I haven't had time to blog about it!!!

So here goes:

  • Fun times were spent with my family back in early October. We went to Jefferson City and made an appearance at my alma mater, Carson-Newman, for homecoming. Celebrated my birthday with my Oct birthday buds......Linzee and Papa.
  • Thanks to my Milly and Laura for the fun birthday lunch at The Veranda.
  • The pumpkin patch with the boys was loads of fun despite the unexpected chilly temps and the extremely small size of the pumpkins in the patch. Strictly for decoration - not for carving.
  • Richy and I attended the UT/USC game in Columbia with our USC friends, Jonathon and Deanna. We also met some new UT friends - Lincoln (who could be the subject of an entire blog), Chris and Angie. We had such a fun time - great tailgate party with our USC friends - great atmosphere. Thanks Jonathon and Deanna for hosting us! Jonathon, sorry about your phone. Also, thanks to Granddad and Grandmommy for hosting Richmond and Knox for the weekend so we could go to Columbia. We loved the bonfire!
  • Thanks to Cami and Carter for going with me to the Lifeway live taping of Angela Thomas' new bible study series. How cool was that?
  • Halloween was a blast this year. Knox, the pumpkin, was too funny! Richmond was so excited to be Dash - and with good reason - he looked just like him. This was his first year to really "get it". He was on a mission for the candy! Please don't leak it that I sent 3/4 of the candy to work with Richy the next day.....
  • We are hosting Will Barrett during the daytime hours for the next couple of months until a spot opens up at his daycare. He is such a sweet baby and has been a joy to have around. Does it make me have the fever for 3? Ummmm.......he is really sweet - I mean super sweet and I love him to death..........but he goes home at 5. So, I don't know. If any baby could give me "the fever", it would be Will Barrett!
  • Happy Birthday, Milly! You are the best!!

Well, there it is.......my sad, doesn't-nearly-do-it-justice attempt to recap the last couple of weeks. I really hope I don't have to do that again because it is really sad......and boring. But I can't promise it won't happen again. Did I mention that I have a problem with organization and self-discipline????

1 comment:

Heather said...

Welcome back!!!! I am very glad to know that "a day in the life" is back!! You were missed while on blogger hiatus! ;)