Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Food, Family, and Fun

I love, love, love Thanksgiving. Everything about it just makes me warm and fuzzy inside. I love the fact that family and friends gather together over a royal feast that takes days to prepare and eat until they are miserable......all because we are thankful. Thankful for the blessings of our relationships with one another - thankful to the God from whom all blessings flow. God is so faithful to bless us with small glimpses of His heart through our relationships with others. Oh how faithful He has been to me in showing me His heart through the people in my life!

We spent the first part of our Thanksgiving holiday in Carrollton at the Teague's house with Richy's family. We would like for this to become tradition, because it means the Carrollton Trojans are in the playoffs. Yes, we will hope that Thanksgiving is in Carrollton every year that Coach Teague is :) We had a fabulous time with family, food, bonfires, and football. I ask you.....does it get any better than that?? Friday, we packed up Beth's SUV and headed to the Northeast corner of Georgia to watch the Trojans play the Stevens County Indians on "The Reservation" in the 2nd round of the playoffs. It was a thriller with the Trojans coming out on top 24-13. Go Trojans!!

On Saturday morning, we packed up and moved on to Birmingham to visit with my sister and brother and the whole gang. That gang consists of 7 kids under 12, so things were rockin'! It was fun to be with all of them under one roof. My brother and his family live in the same subdivision as my parents, so normally we don't get to have a big slumber party with all of the kids - they just go home to sleep. There's just something about all sleeping under one roof that I love - no matter how crazy it gets!

This was one of the more enjoyable Thanksgivings that I can remember. I can't put my finger on just why.......was it because my kids behaved (for the most part) like little angels or was it the stress-free feeling of not having to go back to work after it was over? Truth is.....this has been a year of change in my life in so many ways. I can never remember a time where I have been more thankful - more aware of God's presence, so thankful that He is loving and merciful.

My cup overfloweth......................

2 comments:

Heather said...

Amen, sister! Loved this post :)

p.s. Go Trojans!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Glad that God has been able to bless you so beautifully this year. Blessings to you and yours.